Saturday, June 25, 2016

Words in Work Boots

If you’ve ever thought of poetry
as formal
stiff
not for you

this is the book
that will change your mind.

we are talking about concrete





                                                         Don’t judge a book by its title.


WET CEMENT: A MIX OF CONCRETE POEMS by Bob Raczka, Roaring Book Press, 2016


No matter what your age or your relationship with words, this sliver of a book will entertain you and keep you thinking long after you turn out the lights.

Sorry I can’t tell you my favorite poem. Every time I page through, I find another that has to be first.

The author has written several collections of children’s poetry including one titled Presidential  Misadventures: Poems that Poke Fun at the Man in Charge. I’ve got to read that one.   

Visit the author's website and make a shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.


Hillview School Library